Crisp autumn days are my absolute favorite time of the year for oh-so-many reasons. Golden and crimson colored trees. Leaves crunching under my feet while on a long walk. Yummy candy corn. Halloween. My birthday. But of course I can't leave out my favorite reason... delicious fall spices and flavors.
I've been tweaking some of my favorite fall recipes so that I can reveal to you one of my favorite and most tasty creations yet...
nutmeg, allspice, rich pumpkin
and ooey gooey chocolate chips.
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil**
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
**Sub unsweetened applesauce for the same taste with fewer calories and fat!
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2) Grease muffin pan or use muffin liners.
3) Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water.
4) In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
5) Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
6) Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter and bake for 20 minutes.
With an overwhelming approval rate of A+++++ from BF, family and friends, this recipe is a sure fire hit for you! I could eat a dozen of these delicious spicy/chocolatey suckers!
If you bake these little gems, pretty please
let me know what you think!
PS- Looking for new followers or fun new blogs? Don't forget that the Mingle Monday blog hop is open until Wednesday at midnight. Stop by and get your blog some exposure!