Anyway, I have big plans for the weekend that include roadtripping to Wichita w/ BF to see the fam, his fam, and our good friends! Should be busy and fun-filled, but I hope to get back at a decent time on Sunday to recover and relax!
So as a cheers to Friday, I'm linking up with Leslie's Confessional Friday over at A Blond Ambition... join the fun!
1) I think I've finally broken the sugar addiction. Or at least made progress. I gave up all added sugars for lent, allowing me to just have a few treats over Adam's b-day, and it's been touch-and-go there for a little bit.
For those that know me, I have the biggest sweet tooth. The amount of "treats" I enjoyed per week wasn't normal. Well, I have to say the yucky bloated, tummy hurting side-effects of eating sugar after not having it in a while was enough to keep me going! I like this new energy I've found, and even after Easter, I may limit it to 1-2 treats per week. Woah.
2) Cannot stop listening to this song. I heard it on the radio Tuesday, and it's been on repeat ever since. Why does it have to be so gosh darn catchy?! Guilty pleasure indeed.
3) I am ridiculously excited to be home this weekend. There's something about being around my family, sleeping in my old bed, and relaxing on the patio that feels oh-so-good! Come on 5 p.m.!!
4) I've been tossing around the idea of taking a random weekday off soon. I just feel a little frazzled and overwhelmed at work sometimes, and it would be nice to take a random Wednesday, get stuff done, and have some me time. Do you do this?
5) I feel like I've lost all sense of time. It's almost April? What is today? WHEN is Easter? Wasn't it just Christmas yesterday? I feel old.
6) Before I confess this one, let me just add a little disclaimer that I love my friends dearly... BUT some of these high-maintenance, bridezilla weddings need to end soon. I am honored to be in several weddings this spring/summer and a bunch of them are extremely fun to be a part of. It's just the random, dramatically stressed out bride/groom that I can't handle.
Smile. Relax. At the end of the day you're getting married. Who cares if the linens aren't the exact color of the bridesmaids dresses. Nobody will notice... promise.
This whole thing has me DREADING wedding planning one day. I am either eloping (did you hear that, Dad?!) or making my own wedding low key, fun to be a part of, and a joyous celebration (as it should be). There will be no craziness.
Happy weekend, dolls!
PS - Are you on Twitter? Follow me on the go!! :)