photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

August 30, 2012

Surgery Fiasco

Finally getting around to sharing my crazy surgery recovery! What started out to be an easy wisdom teeth surgery, turned into a week and a half long, painful, miserable experience.

Started off almost two weeks ago Friday. Adam picked me up early in the morning (after I popped the Vicodin the dr. gave me) and I was already feeling pretty good. I don't remember much of what happened on the way there... or after for that matter.

All I remember is my surgeon talking to me about donuts (mmmm! My fave!), and telling the nurse they should go get some that morning. I told him I wanted one too, and then I was OUT!

I have zero recollection of waking up in recovery or seeing Adam. He told me that I apparently quizzed the nurse on all the things he was supposed to do to take care of me as she helped me to the car. He thought it was pretty fun how responsible I was being when I didn't even know my own name.

Friday was way better than I expected. Adam brought me over to his parents house to take care of me while he worked on and off. I actually didn't sleep much, we watched movies, snuggled, and he spoon fed me yogurt. God bless that wonderful man! Haha.

Adam woke me up every 4 hours (even coming in to wake me up at 3 a.m.) to take my meds. I woke up in a little pain Saturday, but was doing okay. I made a crockpot skinny lasagna soup (recipe coming later!) and rested all day.

And then Sunday hit me like a freight train.

I woke up in extreme pain, we taped ice packs to my face, and I was miserable. Dry sockets had set in and I was definitely needing the heavy pain meds. Called in sick Monday morning, and on Tuesday I tried to work for the first time. I was still not feeling great, but wanted to give it a shot... lasted until I called the doctor at noon in extreme pain.

Dry sockets in 3 of 4 used-to-be teeth... and an infection due to it. Miserable doesn't begin to describe it.

I was slowly recovering, not able to eat much more than pure liquids all week. And then Friday night hit. As I was doing my assigned salt water rinse, liquid started coming out of my nose (yucky! It hurt!).

Yes, I freaked out.

Everything I drank/ate would come out my nose, which was a bad sign. Called the surgeon on call right away. Apparently the infection caused a perforation in the tissue between my oral cavity and sinus cavity.

This just means there was a small hole in my upper right socket, so when I drank/ate liquid it was going into my sinuses and out my shnoz. Ouchy.

Apparently, this is super rare - this hardly ever happens he said! It can lead to a very dangerous sinus cavity infection and other complications, so they wanted to do a second surgery to repair the hole.

Monday morning I went in for them to check me out, preparing myself for surgery, and he said they were going to let it heel on it's own since it was making progress! HURRAY!

Needless to say, for a week and a half I was on a liquid/super soft food diet. Definitely aided my Operation Wedding Dress plan with 6+ lbs down, but I am so thankful to be able to eat again! Last night I had chicken and hummus, and even tried to eat a rice krispie treat... hahaha, NEED sugar!


Thanks so much to all of you, my friends, and fam for caring for me, bringing me meals, keeping me company, and sending me sweet get well wishes! I'm on my way to being 100% myself again, and loving it!

Also, a HUGE thank you to all of you who have bought some of my barely worn brand name clothing at my blog sale this week! Definitely helps with the hefty medical bills I got slapped with! You are very much appreciated!! :)

Check it out, there are several nice dresses/tops/pants/heels left at super CHEAP prices!! Including a never worn before silk Ann Taylor LOFT dress for over 60% off what I bought it for!!


  1. When I first saw your blog title I thought it said sugary fiasco. Haha. Surgery is much worse. Hope you get better quickly!

  2. Oh wow, sorry to hear you had to go through all that, when I got my wisdom teeth removed I did 3 at once!!! Imagine that, of course I did not get any infection, thank God.

    Hope you are almost there on your recovery, take it easy and take care!

  3. So glad that you're feeling better! That sounds like quite the ordeal. And as if getting wisdom teeth out isn't painful enough as it is....

  4. Oh man, that's a horrible wisdom tooth experience. I think even just a normal recovery is bad enough! :( I remember them warning us about dry socket and how bad it is, but I've never heard of the 'hole' thing! Glad you're feeling better!

  5. Oh my goodness, you poor thing! That sounds so awful. I'm glad you are on your way to recovery and don't need surgery! And girl, if I wasn't on a spending freeze I would be all about your sale. Amazing things :-)

  6. that just sounds awful. so glad it's getting better but that's terrible you had to go through so much pain! :(

  7. Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining ... remove wisdom teeth


I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10